Monday 26 March 2012

Gerund

Gerund adalah kata benda yang dibentuk dari kata kerja V-ing
1.       As subject (berfungsi sebagai subjek)
Ex :
  •  Swimming is a good sport
  •  Your singing is very beautiful
  •  My feeling says that
  •  Gardening is one of my hobbies

2.       After verb ( setelah kata kerja )
Kata kerja yang sering diikuti oleh Gerund antara lain.. :
Admit
Mind
Continue
Appreciate
Miss
dislike
Avoid
Object to
Hate
Consider
Post pone
Like
Confess to
Practice
Love
Complete
Quit
Look forward to
Delay
Regret
Start
Deny
Suggest
Stop
Enjoy
Begin
Remember
finish
Can’t stand
Forget

S
L
O
W
Not
F
L-a
S
H
see
listen
observe
atch
notice
feel
Look at
smel
hear
Ex :
  •  Have you finished reading the book yet?
  •  I am looking forward to seeing you soon
  •  No one has confessed to stealing my money yet
  •  My brother never forgets locking his car
  •  Tony always avoids answering my question

3.       After preposition (setelah kata depan )
Gave up
about
of
for
after
while
in
before
on
whitout

4.        Beberapa kata depan, antara lain :

Ex :
  •  He gave up smoke because of his doctor’s before
  •  I’m worried about making mistakes
  •  Will you be capable of finising your work by noon tomorrow
  •  He always has an excuse for being late
  •  Have you sound the best me thod for improving you English
  •  After doing the home work, iwill play foodball
  •  Cats usually snore while sleeping

0 comments

Post a Comment